Friday, January 23, 2009

Digital Flowering


First animated project out of Catia. I wanted to try to make a blooming flower so I used a series of offset planes and circles. The Base is fixed and the offset concentrics are driven by the radius of the top ring. The completed result is using the form pictured at right, offset and rotated to create the 3 layers, then arrayed in a circle.Based on geometry and mathematics the end result is a blooming flower. (although artisticly a bad representation) But for a beginner with this software I'm pretty happy. The flashing in the animation is from the screen captures of the software, the model turns red before it updates changes. The red and orange is colors I applied, before I realized the red flashing would occur. Next time I'll take a different approach.


No comments:

Post a Comment